Friday, October 10, 2008

Hi Mr Traveling Chemist :)


Ok, this post is dedicated to the traveling chemist, and I'm really honoured and thrilled to have someone that I added from Blogs of Note actually commenting on my blog. This is the first time, seriously.

I prefer to explain things with the help of some graphics, just makes things easier for the person I am explaining things to. So I will attempt to answer his question here.

TC,

Your question was "how you manage to include an embedded link to my blog's WEB address. When I copy a link, it simply pastes in as the complete address:
http://travelingchemist.blogspot.com/ and not as the name "Traveling Chemist" as you have done in your posting."

1. To do this, just type the name of the link, whatever you want it to be e.g. Traveling Chemist

2. Next, copy the link that you want e.g.
http://travelingchemist.blogspot.com/

3. Next, use your mouse to highlight whatever you had typed in Step #1

4. Then click once on the button shown in the picture below:



5. A window like this will pop up:



6. Just paste the link you have copied, click "Ok" and you're done!

Optional Steps - If you want to make it easier for the blog reader to continue on reading your blog, and not leave your blog when they click on an external link on your posting, you may want to take these extra 4 steps. It can become quite troublesome if you have a lot of links on one post, and the reader would have to click "Back" after going to every link.

7. Now, click on the "Edit Html" tab (it's next to the "Compose" tab)

8. Look for the link that you have pasted that is together with the text you wanted to name it:



9. Next to the second " (closing quotation mark), type in a space (blank), followed by this (indicated in GREEN):

emist.blogspot.com/" target="_blank">Traveling Chemist

10. Just click back the "Compose" tab, and you're done!


Let me know if you need further explanation. Happy experimenting!

6 Comments:

Blogger chemist said...

John:

Thanks so much for taking the time and making all that effort to reply in such an elaborate and detailed manner!! Many thanks and I will give it a try today.

Traveling Chemist

Saturday, October 11, 2008 10:31:00 AM  
Blogger John said...

You're most welcome TC. I could see that you had succeeded! Happy to see that!

:)

Monday, October 13, 2008 6:38:00 PM  
Blogger Unknown said...

Wow ... I love this tip! And I agree with Traveling Chemist ... I appreciate the time it took you to prepare such a detailed "how to". It was exactly the kind of instructions that I can follow. I'll be using it soon ... and often!

Take Care!

Small Footprints
http://reducefootprints.blogspot.com

Monday, October 20, 2008 11:33:00 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Traveling Chemist asked you how you manage to include an embedded link to my blog's WEB address. I followed your next 4 steps to open the link in a new window. Wow, that is just what I needed! Thank you for you graphic instructions; you made it very easy to understand. Additionally, I, too, came to your blob thought Traveling Chemist. :)

Monday, October 20, 2008 2:40:00 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Sorry...I meant I, too, came to your BLOG thought Traveling Chemist. :)

Monday, October 20, 2008 4:06:00 PM  
Blogger John said...

Hi Small Footprints, hi Ernestine,

Thanks for visiting and commenting on my blog. You're most welcome on the tip. Glad to help people out on stuffs I know :)

I shall visit your blogs soon!

John

Tuesday, October 21, 2008 5:22:00 AM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home